Tuesday 17 November 2015

533 - 6MMRPC 15 - Progress!

Wotcha.

Despite my stupid, stupid workload and the fact that we've had absolutely no internet access for a week, I've not only managed to paint more of those okses (almost there!), I've also been planning for a friendly Bolt Action tournament in February. With luck, I'll actually get to play a game this week!

Yes, watch this space: I think good ol' Colonel Gravis will be kind enough to host me for a game on Friday, and (although it's not all finished yet) this is the force I intend to take. It's been a while, but yup - here is a brand new Draxian Painting Chart (TM):
[above] Painting Chart, and [below] who's there.

Note that I'm going for a pretty damned fluffy list: a full platoon with a very typical support element. I like fluffy, characterful lists: that way, if I don't win, I don't mind - I'm just telling a story!
And with that,

I'm off.

Take care, All, and thanks for swinging by!

- Drax.

3 comments:

  1. I dunno - I think that's a pretty well rounded list if you ask me, 12 orderdice on mostly veterans. Lacking a little in indirect fire (Can't trust Artillery observers, regardless of how nasty their bombardments look on paper.), but otherwise you have enough of everything to put on a good show I think.

    Good to see you are still finding time to paint mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect it'd be without a hope were it not for the AEC III, but either way, it's pretty authentic.

    It should be a good all-rounder list, but yes, I'll miss some proper indirect fire. I couldn't - in good conscience - field a 'proper' rifle platoon without a 2" mortar, but I do know that many players like them. I couldn't do the sneaky thing, either, and have the 2" as 'inexperienced' - too cheesy for me.

    The tourney limitations include maximum 12 dice and [when I put together this list] a minimum requirement of 50% (by points) of units had to be 'regular' - this has since changed to 25%, so I will now have to look forward to hordes of assault-rifle-wielding German veterans. Sigh.

    Cheers, matey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A game for the campaign? Turn 2b should be out on Thursday. You can do equal points values and use it for the sector of your choice based on the forces.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!